Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mid-Week Update!!

Good Afternoon! I figured I would pop on here before I went off and studied for a math test. Not exactly a good subject for me, so I really need to start focusing on that. I did however finish that math paper I was talking about, so that was a breath of fresh air! Other than that, I had a test yesterday in Fiction, which I really want to know what I got. It was a lot of writing and 5 pages later I was officially finished. That was a lot of weight taken off my shoulders, but now I sit and wait for the grade!

Aside from school, some more devastating news is occurring over in Haiti. Another earthquake hit this morning with a magnitude of 6.1 causing people to flee into the streets as buildings were shaking. It happens to be that this is known as an aftershock, which normally occurs within the first 24-48 hours after the main earthquake, but this one came just 8 days after the original devastation. This was hard for many people to deal with because all they want to do is get back on their feet and move on with their lives, but with all that is around them, it is very hard. I am happy to hear that they are finding more individuals who survived and are able to help them right away.

I heard the other morning that there was a man who was trapped in the grocery store and he said he was stuck at the right place at the right time because he was in the peanut butter and jelly aisle, so he was able to eat until someone was able to get to him.

The relief efforts are still in force and there is a lot that we can all do. I was at TD Bank yesterday and a woman from a Ramsey school was using the Penny Arcade, where to throw your change in and get your money. She had bags and bags full of coins that they had collected in just the past two days. I was waiting for my friend, so I decided to help her unwrap the rolls and empty the bags to make the process a little quicker. Just within 2 days, those students from that school raised over $500. I wish I had my camera because that is truly amazing. By the time she was done, she must have filled up like 5 bags. They constantly have to be changed so that they don't get too heavy and break all over the place. It was just so nice to see the contribution that was being made!

Everyone keep praying for these families in Haiti! They need us during these hard times!! Enjoy the rest of your week and now it's time to go get ready for a math test! **CROSSING MY FINGERS** Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment