Sunday, January 17, 2010

Why must the weekends come to an end?

I really wish the weekends could be a lot longer, but unfortunately we are never going to be that lucky! Tomorrow is Martin Luther King Day, so at least classes are canceled, but I still have work and a ton of things to get done, so it's not a vacation day for me! It is suppose to snow, so I might not be going anywhere tomorrow! We will see!

Anyways, it's been a productive weekend. I began working on a math paper about the Cartesian Coordinate plane system, which is very interesting. I never thought I would be writing a paper about math, but there is a lot of history behind it that many of us never knew! I am hoping to get that finished up today. The requirements are 250 words, and I need to explain who invented it, the history behind it, and why I think it was a pivotal event in the world of mathematics. I have a good stance on the first two parts, but just need to go through and add or take out one or two things. Then, I can begin concluding the paper and making any other revisions needed. I have until Saturday, but I have a lot of other stuff going on during the week with studying and what not, that I just want to get one thing off of my shoulders!

I am very happy to see all of the efforts being made to the individuals over in Haiti! It's sad to see the death toll so high, but I am so glad people are doing all that they can to make a contribution. Even just by sending a text, you can automatically donate $10 to relief efforts. It will be billed directly to your cell phone bill and is very simple. All you need to do is text HAITI to the number 90999. Please make a contribution!

So we are starting week 3 and next week is already scheduling for the Spring quarter! Time needs to slow down, NOW! Start getting an idea of what classes you need or want to take and jot them down so next week when the schedules are posted, you can get an idea of times and dates!

Have a great Sunday afternoon and I will touch base throughout the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment