Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Faces for Week 1!

It was a typical week 1 on the Garret Mountain campus Tuesday morning! Everyone driving around to find the best parking spot and also the closest since it's so cold out there! Also the main building was filled with students making changes to their schedules and new students making their rounds. I did not go past the financial aid offices, but from what I heard, they were pretty packed as well. I did notice an addition up by the advisement offices. They added in a little reception area, which I thought looked really nice and welcoming to students. Always nice to see a little change on campus. It definitely felt weird to be back, but so far it's not so bad!

So my first class was actually canceled yesterday, which was not exactly fun since I had to wait around about two hours , but I decided to take a trip to the mall to kill some time. I was not expecting class to be canceled but we had another Professor come in and told us ours could not make it. Of course the students who didn't have any other classes were thrilled, but me on the other hand, not so happy!

As for my second class, which is Global Social Change, it seems like a pretty interesting course. The class seems like it is going to be very interactive, which is a good thing to have. This allows everyone to get to know each other and share all of our ideas. I just finished reading a chapter in the book for tomorrow's class and it was really interesting so I am interested to get into detail with it in class. We have quizzes every even numbered week, which makes me nervous since I don't know his format just yet! As the quarter moves on I will have a better idea on how the course works and I will be sharing our discussions on here as well! It seems like it is going to be very interesting so I look forward to it!


Best of luck for Week 1! Hang in there! 11 more to go! Yes, need to be optimistic here!!! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment