Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Good Luck On Your Midterms

Believe it or not, we have approached midterm week. By now most of you have probably been studying your heads off and making sure that you cover every important detail you have discussed so far in the quarter. I had my first midterm this afternoon, but it wasn't set up like a normal midterm. We ended up splitting up into teams of criminals and police force. I happen to end up on the criminal side, which turned out to be a lot of fun. Basically we were all given 6 million dollars (in fake money of course) and we would use that money to buy items. Since I was on the criminal side, I had the opportunity to buy weapons, cocaine, a boat so I could smuggle away with my cocaine, bling, and a key. Now, the other team, which was the police force, was setting out to bust the criminals, which was my side. If an individual on our team got busted, they had to give up everything they had.

It pretty much went back and forth like that and we had to hold our own for the whole game. I thought it went pretty well and it was definitely the best midterm I have ever taken! It was beneficial though, because we got hands on experience throughout the game of how things went down with crime back in the day.

As for my other classes, I do have tests, but they aren't midterms, which I was pretty happy about. In my Fiction class, we have a midterm next week, and then all this extra worrying and stress can be let go of.

Now that I am home, it can snow all it wants! I plan on being snowed in tomorrow, which could be both fun and not so fun. I have a math paper that I will be finishing up hopefully this afternoon and getting some of my other work out of the way.

I do want to wish everyone good luck on their midterms and remember to stay calm! The worst thing to do when taking a test is to panic, believe me! Been there, done that!

No comments:

Post a Comment