Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Day!!!

How about that? A nice relaxing day without having to work or go to school! Either way I didn't have classes today, but I was suppose to work. I got the call from my boss around 8 this morning, telling me he was closing our office for the day! YES!!! So here I am, snowed in and sharing my snowed in day with everyone!

Photobucket


I kept thinking, oh man we aren't going to get any snow because that is what they said last time and we didn't see one single flake, but this morning, it was a whole different story. I was watching Good Morning America the other morning and Regis and Kelly were picking on Bill Evans because he said we were going to see significant snowfall from that previous storm, and we got nothing. What they ended up doing was telling Bill Evans that if it doesn't snow this time, they were going to put him in the dunk tank, and he agreed! So lucky for you Mr. Evans, you will not be going in the dunk tank!

Since I am snowed in, I have been finishing up some homework. I was also looking over a few things for the new Blackboard platform we are getting ready to switch to in the summer. Dean Smith, who use to be at the GMT campus and now deals with the online campus, asked me if I would be interested in doing a Pilot training course for the new blackboard platform. It's basically a phone training course and I will have to go to the online site, which is about 15 minutes from GMT and complete this training. I will review all of the information and provide some feedback about the new platform. I took a look at the platform, and so far, so good. As with every new thing, it needs to be tested to make sure it is functioning properly. That's where I and a few others come into play. There are a few openings for students who would want to complete this training as well, so please let me know if you would have any interest in doing so. If not, then you will see it all soon enough in the Summer!

I also would like to make mention of the upcoming play that will be at the GMT campus. There are several dates, which I will list below, so you have many opportunities to see this play. As part of my fiction class requirements, Professor Farrington, who deals with most of the productions, has asked his students to see the play and to also help with ushering people in. I will be doing so on February 22, so maybe I will see some of you there!

Photobucket


Here are the dates:

Saturday February 20 at 2PM
Sunday February 21 at 2PM
Monday February 22 at 7PM
Tuesday February 23 at 7PM
Wednesday February 24 at 7PM
Thursday February 25 at 7PM
Saturday February 27 at 2PM
Sunday February 28 at 2PM

These are two American Plays, one called Ludlow Fair by Landford Wilson and the other is called Trifles by Susan Glaspell, will be presented at the Garret Mountain Campus in the Knupple Hall Community Room. This is an open-door theatre production.
Hope to see you there!

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their snow day! I will be sure to take some pictures and post them after all is said and done!

No comments:

Post a Comment