Friday, February 19, 2010

TGIF!

Woo hoo! End of Week 7 and it's officially FRIDAY!I have some wonderful news to share! My best friend gave birth to her beautiful daughter yesterday morning! I was getting ready to walk out the door to go to school and my phone was connecting for a picture message. I didn't expect it to be the baby yet, but sure enough it was! That made my whole day! Here are some pictures! She is absolutely adorable!!!
(8 lbs, 2 oz and 20 inches long!) Congratulations to Marybeth and Kip!


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


How was everyone's week despite the snow? At my house, there is no where to put it anymore and we are suppose to get more next week???? GREAT! I will tell you though, I have icicles hanging around my house and they look so pretty! Here is a picture of some:

Photobucket

I was suppose to be heading into work this morning, but my mom hasn't been feeling well and is feeling dizzy so I will be taking care of her. I am the only one who can stay home with her so I have no problem doing that!

As for my school work, I pretty much finished everything up. I just need to review some things in economics and then I will be good for this week. Week 8 is approaching now and I have a quiz next week and I think that's really about it, I hope. Things will start to get crazy again since we are now approaching the end of the Winter Quarter!

Since we are reaching the end, some of you may need to rebundle for the Spring Quarter, so make sure you complete and FASFA and stop by Financial Aid. If you do not have that completed, you will not be cleared for the Spring Quarter, so remember to do so. Then of course it will be bill time again, so stay on top of everything before you end up paying that horrible late fee!

I also want to make note of something. On Tuesday in my Global Social Change class, we had a lady come in from the library to go over some researching guides and let me just tell you, there is so much stuff you can do, that I didn't even realize. If you ever get a moment, I advise everyone to check out the online library catalog. You can search for terms directly, you can change the search to include the world "And" so that it brings up two topics, or you could put the word "or" so that you can limit the amount of resources you get back to research. There is just so much you can do and I really benefited from seeing this presentation. Every quarter, the library is usually in one of my classes just going over the basics, so I was glad this was different and not the stuff I have heard already. That class I am in is also a 400 level course, so research is key in that class and finding acceptable/credible sources is something that my Professor looks for. We have another paper coming up and after that presentation, he said he is going to surprise us! That means endless researching I bet! Oh no!!!

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend! Let's hope some of this snow will melt and that next weeks storm passes! Also, the play starts this weekend, so if you are interested, please check the dates in my previous post! Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment