Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring Break!!


Photobucket


So it's Spring Break, but where is the Spring Break weather? Last I checked, coldness and rain was not a great way to start off Spring Break!

Twelve weeks have gone by and now it's time to empty out the folders and get ready to start all over again! I actually got an EXTRA early head start, and ordered my books for next quarter already. I think of it this way. If I don't order right away and wait till last minute, my books will arrive super late, and then I will be behind, but if I order them early, I will get them a couple days before classes even resume and I won't have to worry about anything. I went to the buyback on the GMT campus with my friend the other day to sell back some books and afterwards I told him I wanted to go get the ISBN numbers for my books for next quarter and his expression was like "Are you crazy?" But, my reasoning was a good one in his opinion when I told him. When I got home, I did another buyback to another company who was offering more money for my books, and then went right ahead and ordered my new ones. Now I really can enjoy my vacation without the worries about books and what not. I also figure that by the time those books come, and the check comes for the books I sold back, I can just pay everything off and not have to worry about bills later on down the road. There is always a method to my madness!

To wrap up the past twelve weeks, I was actually getting a little nervous. It seems that the last 4 weeks is when all classes start throwing all the work at you, and you find yourself crawling out of a pile of papers. Somehow I managed though. It just seems like nerves can get the best of us when the pile of papers before us, just keeps growing, before you can even start to work on making the pile less.

I presented my final project with my group, which I was so happy it was them, because we all worked so well together. Again, my only problem with presenting, is that my nerves get the best of me. Even though I was part of a group and usually feel more comfortable like that, that wasn't the case this time. That was the critique I received, that I went to fast and that I needed to connect more with my audience, which I know! I ended up emailing him later that afternoon because I was so worried I did horrible, but he advised me that I did great and not to take the critique to harshly, which made me feel so much better. It just feels good to have that done and out of my way!

I also took my Fiction final yesterday. I was worried about that too because I have not been feeling so great since Wednesday, so concentrating was a nightmare, but I think I did pretty well. Just waiting on that grade, which is killer! It's part of the nerves again, you know you did well all quarter, but you want to see that letter grade up there just so you know!!

Oh and since I forgot to do this during the week, I wanted to post the pictures from the Shakespearean Theatre on the Drew University campus. The class, Special Topics in the Humanities, will be working with the theatre constantly, so I will be posting a lot of updates and any shows that may be of interest to some of you! Here are a few pictures: It's absolutely gorgeous down here!


With that being said, go enjoy your Spring Break and I will keep everyone up-to-date with any news that needs to be shared!! Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. You think that coldness and rain are a bad way to start spring break? Try living in Phoenix where we don't know what those things are!

    dailycollegestuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete