Saturday, April 10, 2010

First Week=SUCCESS!

One week down. How about that? I hope everyone had a successful first week. It always takes me the first week to get use to all the different teachers and what they expect of you and the whole nine yards. I feel a lot more pressure this quarter than before because I have a lot more to juggle between work and school. That's the one thing that I think many of us can relate too. We go to school full time, some of us work full time or part-time, but we also have our social lives.

The one thing that we need to keep in mind is that we can't stress ourselves out too much. Yes, we are all going to run into the troubles of meeting deadlines, but a little bit each day, can really make the process that much easier. This week I laid out my work so that I wasn't piled with papers by the end of the week. This week was of course a light week, but there was still a lot going on. Think to yourself for a moment, and think about whether you manage your time appropriately with your schedule. You may think to yourself, yes, I manage it quite well or no, I really need to work on some time management skills.

One way or another, your school work needs to get done, as well as any deadlines you have at your job. When you stress yourself out, the pressure just gets heavier and heavier. You need to know when to take a breather and figure out a schedule that you can follow. To-Do lists are my new best friend because without them I feel as though I would miss doing several things. It never hurts to try!

I wanted to share this article with you that I did for the AIM paper in my town, and it ended up online as well. It has to do with MS and the walk for a cure that is coming up next weekend! I encourage everyone to sign up for the walk or visit the NMSS.org website to learn more!

Here is the link: http://www.northjersey.com/news/90328429_Hewitt_woman_with_MS_asks_people_to_walk_for_cure.html

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and is all ready to go for Week 2! Make sure you have those books ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment