Thursday, May 27, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend!


Photobucket


That's right, a holiday weekend is approaching so that means we can all kick our feet up and relax! Sounds like a solid plan to me!

I just finished up some assignments for my online classes and feel good that it's finally all out of the way. I still can't believe that there is only 4 weeks left. I actually need to get a head start on ordering my books for next quarter again since I will be in Florida and will need my books for when classes resume, since I won't be home! That will have to be tomorrow's mission of emailing the bookstore and also calculating how much I can get back for my books this quarter! Money, money, money for the book fund!

This week in my Principles of Finance course, we are focusing on bonds and stocks. Part of our discussion board was to look at a stock of our choice and provide its current market price, it's yield, and why we decided to choose that stock. I actually took a look at Walmart, because who hasn't ever bought an item from there? They are so widely known and can offer such great prices to the everyday consumer. Just a quick example, my mom buys coffee from Walmart instead of from our local shopping center, Shoprite, because there is a huge price difference. In Shoprite it costs about $8 and in Walmart, I have seen it as low as $5 for a decent size tub of it. You can save so much money and it's totally worth it!

I saw some students that selected Google, which is another big stock that is one to watch. With all the search engines available out there, Google is by far my favorite. My boyfriend and I always have this argument. He refuses to use Google and will only use Yahoo! Everyone has their preferences though so I can't complain.

So as the holiday approaches, get ready to kick back with friends and family!! I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment