Friday, July 30, 2010

Don't Worry....I didn't disappear!



TGIF right? AND TGITEOTM...translated to "Thank God It's The End Of The Month!!!" I am beyond thrilled to end this month and start fresh for August! It's been nothing but stress for me and bad news so I am just ready to move on over! As we wind down this month, and as we approach week 5 of the quarter, I'm interested in how all of you are doing? I hope you are enjoying your classes for the most part and are focusing despite the summertime!! It becomes tough when its summer and beautiful out, and all you want to do is be outside, BELIEVE ME, I KNOW!

As for my classes, I am finally caught up! It's been tough, but I somehow managed to do it! After I post here, I just have one more 10 question quiz to take and then I can get some shut eye, since it's been pretty limited for the past few weeks! What a relief it will be to sleep in!

I worked on my outline last night for my demonstrative speech which I have to give next week. I decided to do something that most of us could use some tips on, how to write and prepare a well structured resume! Think about it, one day down the road, you are going to go on a job interview in which they may want to view your resume to see past work experience, education, and any other skills you may have. I am a little worried since the speech limit is 2-3 minutes, and I seem to have a lot to say about preparing/writing the resume, so I am curious to see how it will work. It may look like a lot to say, but who knows, it might be just the perfect amount of information to speak about. I will definitely be posting that speech once I complete it next week, because you never know what kind of us you can get out of it! I sure hope its helpful!!!

Another piece of business from one of my classes. This time it's Sociology. My professor linked us to 3 Youtube sites about an Intersex Documentary. I am going to post these links here and I encourage you all to take a look at them if you have time. My professor asked for us to make our commentary on these clips and then if we were the ones who gave birth to an intersex child, would we consent to have a surgery done to make them either male or female, or would we wait until they could make their own decision? At first, I was like, wow I really don't know. After thinking about it though, if that was me, I would be mad if my parents did that to me. When we were born, yes, our parents wanted what was best for us, and would do all they could, but did you ever stop to think that maybe what our parents want, truly isn't what would make us happy? In the video clips, there is an intersex individual whose parents decided to go through with the surgery. While he looks like a male on the outside, he said inside, he feels just like a woman, and he feels so out of place because if it were his way, he would have stuck to being a woman. It was tough to watch someone who had gone through this, especially since his emotions ran wild due to it. He wished his parents would have given him the choice, but unfortunately, they thought this would be best for him. Even in these videos, some of the individuals commented about committing suicide because of the choice their parents made for them. I am wondering, how does everyone feel about this? What are some of your takes on what you would do if you were ever in this situation?

Here are the links so you can watch the documentary that I have watched:

Intersex Documentary

Clip 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEir4IWHYrY

Clip 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVaMKMqcL6o

Clip 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHQJmPbHSdM


I guess it's time to go take my quiz and call it a night. I am not use to being in on a Friday night, but with the past few weeks I've had, I think it's well deserved! And I promise this month, I'll be updating my blog much, much more!! Goodnight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment