Sunday, August 1, 2010

Ready for August?

Photobucket

I am, I am!! It's officially the first day of August, which means the first month of school is down! Hopefully all of our new students have adjusted to Berkeley and are having a successful quarter thus far. A lot of new stuff is going to be happening this month and from here on out. I want to encourage everyone to start following my blogs on a constant basis and following me wherever else I may pop up. You will start to see me popping up on Twitter and also voicing myself on our social media sites such as Facebook! After several conversations, it has become apparent that students who are attending Berkeley and those who are looking into attending Berkeley, are looking for the voices of the students, and I would love more than anything to lend out a helping hand in that area!!

With that being said, why do you feel that social media sites are helpful in reaching out to the students and people in general? Why all of the sudden are people turning this way for information? Well, think about it; more and more people are logging onto their computers every minute of the day. Yes, we still go out, see billboards, hear radio ads, and things of that sort, but we also have sites like Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, and Blogger offering a variety of information pertaining to everything! We are logging onto search engines, such as Google and Yahoo! We are also browsing the web for instructions, or for recipes, and we come across so many different things. Have you ever just logged onto the internet with a specific search and up seeing something along the way and completely ignoring what your original intention was? I know I have!!

I also want to start getting into a habit of posting a video blog once a week, whether it be from my house or down on the Garret Mountain Campus or if I am visiting any of the other campuses. It's time to step the blog up a notch, what do you think?!

So aside from my little rank, I got back comments for my demonstrative speech outline, and I am good to go. My professor and classmates acknowledged my idea of speaking about "Preparing a well-structured resume." When you think about it, how many of us have actually spent a great amount of time structuring a resume? It definitely motivated me to start working on mine, that's for sure. I have a basic one but it needs some updating!!! Some of my classmates are hoping that I can offer some helpful tips, so now the pressure is on! I hope I meet their expectations and walk away with an A for this speech. It's going to be different talking into the camera and not in front of a class, but I'm sure I will pull it off! Confidence is a must!

As for the weekend, what did everyone do? Me, a whole lot of nothing! Just kidding! I actually went to a car show last night up in Sussex at the Chatterbox restaurant and guess who was there signing autographs???? THE FONZ from Happy Days! Unfortunately, I didn't get his autograph because the line was wrapped around the restaurant, but it was cool, because who didn't love Happy Days?!
Photobucket

That's the best shot I could get of him! He was swamped with people around him, so this is the best I could do! How cool though!! That was my fame for the weekend! LOL

Well, let's get ready for hectic Monday and have a successful Week 5! We are getting there, so hold tight!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment