Saturday, July 24, 2010

Scheduling Time!




Good Afternoon Berkeley Students and any blog followers!!! It is that time of the quarter again where the schedules have been posted for us to select our classes for the Fall Quarter! The same thoughts pass my mind each time this situation arises, "We're not even done with the summer quarter yet!" Yeah, I know, time flies right on by. Think about it this way, we wouldn't want to wait until last minute to do our schedules because then we are pressed for time, so it's better to get it over and done with and then once it approaches, we are ready to rock and roll.

We are quickly reaching the halfway mark of the quarter, which means before you know it, it's midterm time. I can't stress enough how beneficial it would be for anyone who is struggling to look into the tutoring here at Berkeley. I did it last quarter for my Finite Mathematics class, and let me tell you, it made all the difference. For on-site students, visit the ASC center located on campus or if it's more convenient to get assistance online, then click the tutoring link and sign up for some assistance.. For online students, you will see to the left side a tutoring link in which you can click and will be directed to a page where they will ask you for some information.

How is everyone's quarter going so far? It's definitely been a hot summer, so I hope everyone is beating the heat and still allowing their brains to work! That's the only bad thing is when we were younger, we were so accustomed to free summers and only had to worry about running around with our friends. Now that we are in the real world and continuing our education, we are all full of work, work, work. When people tell me I'm crazy for going to school over the summer, I really have no reaction. To me, I would rather keep going while I have the motivation. If I were to stop for the summer, and then get back into the game in the Fall, it would take me a little while to adjust to it all over again. This way if I keep going, I avoid that hassle and just stay dedicated to my work. The benefit to that is that I finish my bachelors in 3 years! 2 years are already down, just one more to go now!

With one year to go, I have to start considering some internship ideas. Because I have been at State Farm for 3 years and know their system, I asked my boss to get me some internship information for the marketing department. Of course not all internships lead to full time positions, but I have enjoyed my time working with the company and wouldn't mind an internship there. Internships are full of opportunities, so you never know where you could end up. I know someone who went for a marketing degree and is now pursuing an events organization career with her marketing degree. She is like me, loves the creativity and organization aspects. I also have someone to refer to now if I ever needed advice. That's always nice to have.

Well, it's going to be a hot weekend, so do your best to stay cool! I suggest the pool or beach for the weekend! That's your best bet, especially since it's suppose to hit the 100's! STAY COOL!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment