Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Digging Out!

Photobucket


First off, I hope everyone had a very nice Christmas with their families and that everyone got what they wanted. Secondly, how about all this snow? Unbelievable if you ask me! It would have been much nicer if we had a white Christmas but a day after is close enough for me! We actually got lucky that the storm came when it did because as a Christmas present, my brother went out and bought our family a brand new snow blower. We had one, but it started to become a hassle year after year, which having to replace things or having problems getting it started, so it was time to start new. Totally a great present and helped clear us out. It took us probably about 2 and a half hours to dig out yesterday between moving all the cars, cleaning them off, and then with the snow blowing, it was pretty crazy.

I actually was pretty lucky because on Saturday, my boyfriend and I and his family, all ventured into the city to see the tree and then to see the Christmas Spectacular Show. We were getting nervous because we were thinking what if we get stuck in the city or whatever. Well it turns out, we got into the city a little early, so we walked a few blocks to the tree, then to Radio City to see the show, then we were back on the bus by 11, just as the snow was starting to pick up. I made it home safely, and then made the best of being snowed in for the 2 days.

So now we begin counting down the days until the new year is officially here. Of course it had to end with a big storm! Who knows what else could be coming! All I know, is that I'm glad that this happened this past weekend and not New Years weekend! That would have been horrible! As the new year approaches, we now are ready to kick off a new year at Berkeley! This winter quarter is my senior year, which is totally scary if you ask me! I'm nervous but excited all at once. I actually logged on blackboard yesterday to check out my new classes, and they were finally up. I promised myself I wouldn't log on, but it's just hard when I'm so use to logging on everyday for my classes. It's suppose to be vacation Lyndsay! I know, I know! LOL

Well, I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday and I hope you were able to safely dig yourselves out and stayed off the roads if you didn't absolutely need to go anywhere! Enjoy the rest of your break and go have some fun in the snow!!

AND....Here are some photos from the storm, my Christmas tree, and my dogs who were my little reindeer's this year!


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Crazy how much snow we got! Happy Holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete