Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! We have officially left the year 2010 and moving on to bigger and better things for 2011! I hope everyone enjoyed their New Year's with their friends and family, and I also hope everyone enjoyed their two week vacation!

Photobucket


We have officially kicked off our Winter 2011 Quarter and I am ready to go! Only 3 more quarters till graduation and boy, oh boy, is that going to come quick! As I mentioned in previous posts, I was accepted into the Honors Program, so that is one of my classes I am really looking forward to. As a gift for being accepted into this program, we were given Apple iPads, and let me tell you, this is by far the greatest thing I have ever owned! I just got it yesterday, set it all up today, and I am ready to go. We will be using these iPads to help us during our Honors course to view the readings for the course instead of the book. We will also be using them for research throughout the quarter. I feel like a little kid. It's a new toy and I'm so excited about it!

Aside from the honors class, I will also be taking Entertainment studies, which is a business elective. Our first assignment that we started off with this week is in regards to how much we are involved with the media and how much use we are getting out of it on a weekly/daily basis. It's actually disturbing to see how much media we consume throughout the year! I have a feeling this is going to be a great class! I am also taking New Product Development as a marketing elective. It's always interesting to learn about the product development and how it is implemented into the marketing world to be sold when it's BRAND NEW to the market! Lastly, I decided I wanted to take Bio-ethics as a science elective. I took a bioethics course back in high school and I absolutely loved it, so I figured I would get involved in this course and see what else I can learn.

For the most part, everything is off to a great start! It's a new year, which means new goals, new beginnings, and all that fun stuff! What were some of your new years resolutions out there?

Since it's a new quarter, there will also be a new contest going on with FourSquare! Attached below is the flyer you may have seen up on the Facebook page about the contest and all the details you need to know! I will post it here again so everyone can get in on this awesome contest!

Photobucket

Check out FourSquare today and get involved!!!

I want to wish everyone a very happy and healthy year for 2011! Best of luck in all of your classes!! Now let's kick some Winter Quarter butt!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment