Saturday, February 5, 2011

Get Ready For The Game!

Happy Weekend to everyone! It's finally here, the big game day is tomorrow! Who has their money on what team or are you just watching to get a kick out of all those Super Bowl Ads? My last blog I shared some information about those ads, so I'm interesting to see how it all plays out while I'm watching tomorrow. The other morning, I think it was on Good Morning America, they showed the Volkswagen commercial that will be airing tomorrow during the Super Bowl and it was pretty funny, so I'm excited to see what everyone else does.

I still find it hard to believe that these commercials are going for $3 million for a 30-second airtime. That is probably the most talked about topic regarding the Superbowl. As I did a brief Google search about the Superbowl I found this statement:

"But that's not what the 15 percent of viewers who tune in solely to see the ads care about. They want to know what $3 million for 30 seconds of advertising buys.
In fact, fully 50 percent of viewers will keep the volume up and actually watch the famously expensive ads."
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Sports/2011/0204/What-time-does-the-Super-Bowl-start-and-what-ads-should-you-look-for

So, kickoff is set for 6:25PM, so until then, fill up on some junk food and enjoy the game, or should I say, the ads! Let marketing take over for the day!

Some other news, Groundhog Day passed this previous week on February 2 and Mr. Groundhog himself did not see his shadow, so you know what that means? Spring will be here sooner than we know it! Well, we hope at least! The way winter has been this year, I feel like I'll never see my front lawn ever again! It's something to look forward to though, so let's see what happens!

Also, I want to remind everyone to schedule for their classes for the Spring quarter! I just did mine the other day and will be taking 17 credits for the Spring quarter, so that I will be set to graduate by the end of the Summer quarter! REALLY scary thought! I was discussing with an advisement representative the other day about my schedule and when he advised me of what was left and where I was with my classes, I was in complete shock! It's all so real now, and the end is near, but like they say "One door closes, and another door opens!"

So remember to log on, check out self-service for your enrollment appointment and get into those classes you want for the Spring Quarter!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and the Superbowl! :) Till next week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment