Sunday, March 6, 2011

How's It Going??

It's hard to believe that in 2 weeks our quarter will be complete! Bring it on Week 10! I have some pretty exciting news to start off my week! Tomorrow I will be going in for my first internship interview. Yes, it is a little early for me, but this company would like to bring me on board a little earlier and I couldn't be more excited! This will also give me the chance to start working within my major, which is marketing, and I can start gaining some experience for my future jobs. Fingers crossed that my nerves don't get the best of me! So far so good though!

For those of you wondering about the internship process, I contacted Career Services to double check and make sure that I could indeed begin earlier. The thing is, even though I am starting it earlier, I need to make sure that it runs until the end of my summer quarter, which is when I will be enrolled in the internship class. I am unable to participate in the class until it is my actual time to do the internship. To my knowledge, you need to obtain 300 credit hours at your place of interning over the course of 12 weeks. The internship needs to also be in line with your major. You don't want to just intern anywhere. You want to make sure you can take what you have been learning and apply it to your job.

I will keep everyone posted on how everything goes. I am so excited and nervous at the same time, but this is the start to my future! Tomorrow I put my skills to the test in the interview area and give it my all!

So as we approach the end of the quarter, I like to remind everyone to stay on top of their work and if you need tutoring, please contact the Academic Support Center and seek tutoring! They are ALWAYS there for you, and they can really benefit you in the long run, so check it out!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and look out for my updated information about my internship! Fingers crossed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment