Thursday, April 28, 2011

Prayers to those facing the devastation of the tornadoes....

Photobucket


This week has been devastating for many states as these strong storms have passed through. Many lives have been lost and my prayers go out to all of these families who were affected by these tornadoes that passed through this week. Before I came onto my blog to post, I came across an article on Yahoo! that shows video footage and photos from this devastation. It really makes you think and realize that anything can be taken from you at any moment. It really upsets me that after the storm, the sun always shines and what are these people left with? Nothing. No homes, lost family members, and just a pile of debris. It's very upsetting and I wish I could change everything for them, but unfortunately I can't. Please send your prayers to all of these families who were affected by these tornadoes. To read up on the devastation, visit this Yahoo! link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110428/ts_yblog_thelookout/watch-tuscaloosas-terrifying-tornado

Sorry to start off with such depressing issues, but they are serious and need to be given as much attention as possible. Together if we all work together, we can help these families get back on their feet and help to rebuild their homes!

So this week seemed to just fly right on by. I have successfully registered for my final classes *sniffle, sniffle* and I am all set! Just have to finish up the Spring quarter and the finale starts for my college education! I actually went to visit my high school 2 weeks ago and my teachers I had were like "Oh my goodness, you are graduating soon!?" Yeah, I can't believe it myself! I even popped in to visit my guidance counselor and he was even amazed at how fast it all went. I have to laugh a bit though too because they all ask what I am going to do after graduation, and of course I have to reply with "Well, I have my degree, what else do I need to do?" The funny thing is they give me these looks that you can read what they are saying: "Are you serious?" It makes me laugh and then of course I tell them my plans and it's all understood, but you have to give them something to worry about. After all, they did help prepare me for college! A big thanks to them of course!

My internship is going well so I am very happy with that! We are actually really busy so there is lots going on and a lot for me to become involved in. I was there yesterday and I will also head down that way tomorrow as well! We are preparing for a big trade show so there is lots to be done and lots of proofing of presentations to do. It feels good to be under some pressure! It also helps me prepare for when I am in a situation like this in the future, I'll have a better idea of how to respond and not completely freak out! So, so far so good! YAY!

My accelerated course, Feminist Thought, is wrapping up in 2 weeks and we were assigned a biography paper on a women who made significant impact in woman's history. I decided to go with the one and only Eleanor Roosevelt. She is so inspirational and I think her story is a great one to tell! Time to hit the books and research! Of course I will also be using the handy dandy library resources on blackboard to help with my research as well! (Check it out too if you have never used it!)

I hope everyone had a great week and enjoy the weekend! It's suppose to cool down and we will have some sunshine for once, so ENJOY!! Till next week....

1 comment: