Monday, April 11, 2011

Week 2 Kickoff!

Just one week ago I was blogging about the start of our first week of the Spring Quarter! Can you believe we are already at week 2? How was everyone's first week? Busy? Confusing? Did you meet some new friends!?

My first week was pretty good. It's just a matter of getting use to new classes and what the professors expect of you each and every week. Now that I am fully an online student, it's a lot different than being on campus. You have to have certain postings by certain times and you need to respond to a few people throughout the week. I've gotten use to that, but every professor is different when it comes to weekly discussion boards. I picked my publicly traded company for my big presentation in my capstone class. Has anyone else taken a capstone class? They are designed to incorporate every other class you have taken related to your major and apply it to a big project for the end of the quarter. My project is to make a strategic plan that is shown in a powerpoint presentation as well as a 10-15 page paper. I wanted to do Apple, but someone had already chosen that company, so I decided to go with Sony because I have been a Sony fan for a long time. I plan on getting a HUGE head start on this so that when it comes down to the deadline, I will just have to make the finishing touches. Being that my schedule is much busier than normal, it's my best bet to get going on these things much sooner.

The internship is going great so far! I sat in on my first marketing meeting the other day to cover some promotional items for an upcoming event. It's so exciting to finally be involved in these types of things because I always wondered how the process goes. It seems to be a little stressful because while the marketing department discusses their ideas, they then need to present them to their big boss, and well, he is not always in favor of their proposed ideas, so it's back to square one. That is actually the issue at hand now, so this week will be a little bit hectic, but I am looking forward to it. It's really funny too because people there know me as "the intern" so the girl I work with says, she has a name you know! It makes me laugh but everyone is super friendly so it really doesn't bother me!

Yesterday I participated in the MS Walk at Waywayanda State Park. I had such a huge turnout for my team and it's just so remarkable to see everyone come together to make strides towards finding a cure for Multiple Sclerosis. I have been going on 3 years strong now and have been feeling better than ever! It just makes me so happy to see everyone come together that I love so much! Here are some photos from the walk!



So let's kick of week 2 and make it a great one at that!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you're off to a great start Lyndsay! Good luck with all of your online classes & your internship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspired me to start a blog for Career Services! Check us out and we can follow each other!

    http://berkeleycollegecareerservices.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete